Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tribute to Home

Ever since I was a child, Carl Sagan was a huge inspiration to me. He died three months after I was born, but I was introduced to him through my dad. My dad has always been a thinker, the kind of person who can see the things that many other people can't. Half the time, I don't know what he's talking about or where he gets his ideas.

Anyway, a long time ago, my dad bought Carl Sagan's DVD series COSMOS. Carl Sagan was an astronomer, cosmologist, author, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, and a lot of other things that have to do with astronomy. I watched his series as a child, and though I didn't understand half of what he talked about, it's what got me fascinated about the universe.

Despite all this, the video below, narrated by Carl Sagan, is not about astronomy. There are no crazy concepts that you need to understand to watch it. But it is one of the most inspiring videos I've ever seen. I urge you to watch the whole thing. So without further ado…



I think that even though this video shows us how small we are, I think it also stresses the importance of being kind to one another. Here we are, living on this little spec of light in this universe filled with darkness. This world is our only home. It isn't perfect, but this is ours to protect and to share.

I guess what I thought about most when I watched this was how easy it is for people to hate, and I thought about what it does for us. I think it's easy for most people to hate, myself included. In the end, love and kindness are the only things that will ever protect us from ourselves.

Anyway, I just thought this would be lovely to share, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

What did you think about this video? Feel free to leave a comment below.

Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful day <3

–Jess

#MUGTE #SpreadTheLove

No comments: